Individual Skill Development
Basics of Tactical Shooting
A concealed carry class gives you the right but not the skill set to carry. This 8-hour Basics of Tactical Shooting course is designed to make you effective with your handgun in a real-world scenario. Think of this course as the fundamentals of an armed, defensive engagement. It is ideal for beginners or experienced shooters who have never received formal training in modern combat shooting techniques.
Basics of Tactical Shooting is a live-fire course set at a crawl, walk, run pace and is entirely conducted on our range. Participants will leave with a better understanding of their specific skill level and an increased level of confidence. Shooters should expect to use approximately 200-300 rounds of handgun ammunition.
- Fundamentals of real-world defensive engagements
- Body posture, grip, and combat distance marksmanship
- Drawing from a holster
- Engaging multiple targets
- Shoot and no shoot target discrimination
- Basic Use of Cover and Concealment
- Real World Defensive Scenarios